Christmas in China

I spent Christmas in Beautiful Hainan! An Island off the coast of mainland China about an hour flight southwest from Zhuhai. We landed on Wednesday night and spent the first two nights in Sanya in a Hostel located near the beach. We, for the first time found a place to buy wine and cheese and kicked off each evening by munching on some. During the first day we went to the beach and relaxed. The following day we went to a hot springs which offered over 60 different springs for people to relax in - hot, cold, super hot, super cold, coffee filled, coconut milked filled, and liqour filled. It was very bizzare. We ate at a terrible restaurant and hit up the most exciting pool of them all - the fish theropy pool. It was a large donut shaped pool with thousands of minnow - large minnow sized fish. These fish are related to pirahanas. As you sat still in this pool schools of these fish would begin to eat your skin off. We're talking about small bites, it tickled and didn't really hurt. We saw some people spend a few hours in here, we only spent a little over half an hour. After climbing out I noticed I no longer had any cuticles but that's about it. -- That's how i spent Christmas: no presents, no snow, no family. It was quite sad in more than a few ways.

The following day we climbed into an overpriced van (we're still kicking ourselves for getting so ripped off) and drove north on the island to a secluded area which we spent the last few days learning to surf. I managed to stand up for 3 seconds before falling down.

1 remarks:

Eric Olson said...

well you missed it all here in MN. We ate tons of food, traveled to NEbraska for actual christmas where we ate butter soup with muscles in it. I have permanently replaced feelings of hunger with feelings of, please don't stare at the fat guy. While it was just the four of us, it was quite nice.. or, as nice as an empty, cold home can be. Sarah doesn't drink mt dew or video games. I would have to wait while everyone, even her, was sleeping, then sneak upstairs to quickly mute the TV then rock twisted metal until I lost interest. Surfing sounds cool.
Be sad in china or lose a height contest to your brother in MN, that's a tough one! And the reason why I can't answer my phone: I went to work on Monday, at 9, and left at nine pm. I went in twelve hours later at nine, and left at 4:30 the following day. That's 42 hours in two days. then I went in yesterday at 2 and stayed till they told me to go home and am not surprised if they say never to come in again. I am the glass slipper.. work insane hours then get dumped like stale veggies. oh well.

And and fyi, I owe lots of taxes this year, probly most of what I made last summer.. I'm gonna try to get a loan for it then spend what I do have being sad in china, you down? my mongolian fam would love a visit from a kid they forgot and a soon-to-be world famous actor via cherades. we'll see.

Sarah keeps thinking she wants to come but her job situation is too good. The economy really blows over here, get's worse everyday. Just yesterday a plane crashed a few blocks from my office, nobody was surprised.. And then I wanted I AM LEGEND.. don't know what to think now.

this probably should have been in an email, sorry.