Charades

I went to the store to buy some lighter fluid for the grill we bought a few days ago. We've been pining for a good burger (American food) since we've got here and last week my roomate (Ben) bought a grill. He also bought some charcoal at that time, and yesterday we bought a slew of hamburger meat hoping to make some patties.

At the store I was received by 3 workers who eagerly tried to play a game of charades with me, and the topic was lighter-fluid.

If you have children, and you want them to be world travelers be sure to play charades with them as much as possible -- as this will ensure their life success. Moreover, if you want them to truly succeed, put them on the team in which their partners are terrible at the game. If you do such, your kids will be looked to in any situation.

At a restaurant, if you want to order Sweet and Sour pork, you won't look for the person who is fluent in the local language, you will want the person who can act it out in the best possible way.
Back to my story of getting lighter-fluid -- I was unsuccessful. It wasn't that my game was off, it was more a matter of they didn't carry lighter-fluid.

3 remarks:

Lydia said...

Man o man! I ashamedly admit this is my first time tuning into your blog...

Lack of computer makes computer time of the essence and usually preoccupied with "need-to-do" things.. not that your blog is not "need-to-do.." just that it is farther down on that list than time has allowed thus far... : )

I am grinning as I am reading though. Sounds great. You're a good writer Jon. Credit phil. major for that eh?? Love the charades analogy. : ) Send my love to all those other Gusties around yourself. So good to get an update on all of your year's adventures. Keep on writing & I'll keep tuning in when I can!
Lydia

Ed O. said...

Jon son,
How about charades for denatured alcohol? After all, you won't do well using automotive fuel.
We'll play the game more when we get together.
Hope you cook the hamburger complete (you never know what might lurk in the red meat.

love dadyo/momyo

Tracy P. said...

Whoa, I had totally failed to consider this. Charades. Tonight. Our place!