Torrents become the norm

Wow.

I was just walking through the English department when I overheard two english professors:

"Yea, I just lost my password so I can't really help you out..."

"But wait, it's just d-e-m-o-n-o-i-d-.com right?"

"Yea, just go there and..."

That's when I jumped in. I couldn't believe that two highly esteemed professors were exchanging demonoid information. For those of you who don't know, demonoid is a torrent search engine.... Basically a search engine for downloading software both legal and illegal. There are hundreds of torrent search engines, but Demonoid is elite. In order to download torrents on Demonoid, you must register first. In order to register you must be invited by a current member.
In the US it is relatively difficult to find someone who is a member. Here in China -- while most world news sites are blocked access, google - images is blocked, US tv network online programing is unaccessible, and countless other sites are blocked -- torrents are common place. There are also tons of Chinese sites which you can find any movie/tv you could ever think of.

Truly Amazing.

0 remarks: