Home Sweet Home!

Another great day in Zhuhai (pronounced joo-hi)!

Ben and I moved out of the hotel yesterday! We jumped into a van with our luggage and they brought us to the staff apartments! The apartment is a beautiful 4 bedroom place with a wash room (washer on a porch), kitchen, bathroom, HUGE living room (as seen below), and an awesome front porch.


As soon as we moved in, Ben and I noticed the giant bed located in one of the unoccupied bedrooms. We both agreed to flip a coin - to decide who would have claim to the king sized bed. Obviously I won (otherwise I would leave it out of my blog) and Ben is stuck in a room with a tiny bed.

After showing our apartment to our peers and feeling pretty lucky (as some are stuck in tiny dorm rooms with out running water) I went to sleep.

The next morning, after a terrible sleep I decided I ought to clean my room and found a bunch of dust and junk under the mattress and all over the inner bed frame. I spent the entire morning cleaning the dust and crud, while ben cleaned the rest of the apartment.


This is a picture of me thrilled to be cleaning the bed frame. I didn't want to keep my dust/mold inhalation to a minimum.


This is nasty, I promise my next entry will be a little more interesting to read. I will leave you with a picture of me on the mountain I hiked up yesterday with another TA during our free time.

3 remarks:

Unknown said...

Jon! You are great. I do miss you. Yes I wish I had seen you I sure do. I hope you are enjoying life...it looks and sounds great. Your apartment looks so great. I hope you cleaned everything. Have you started working? Oooh keep blogging. It's bookmarked so I check it daily! :)

Jonathan said...

Thanks Kristen!
I am lovin' it here. Honestly, the mountains and everything is amazing. It will be hard like crazy to come back to cold Minnesota. I really wish we met up before I came out here. If you have a thousand dollars free I believe China is a mind blowing experience, with lots of cool opportunities.
Let me know whats up with you also, blogging is odd because its like shouting into oblivion. I hope people are hearing it and enjoying it but without analogue it's hard to get excited to do it! Thanks for writing!

best,
Jon

Unknown said...

Shout out! Can you hear me? :) I WISH I had money I think China would be amazing. Unfortunately I do not so I will have to live vicariously though you. So take lots of pictures and keep writing so I can experience China to the fullest.

You may be missing the beginning of winter here...its pretty great. You know frigid cold, snow on the cars, stupid drivers...the works!

Keep loving China life, eat weird food, climb cool mountains and learn lots of neat things.

Kristen