Blogging Blues

Ugggg. I went home sick from the High Table Dinner last night halfway through.



15 T.A.s, 20 professors, and a handful of Minnesota private college representatives were invited to the "Western Style" formal dinner. A pianist played classical music while students and professors enjoyed a 4 course meal. We started with bread rolls, rye bread slices, and sweet butter washed down with a glass of great wall red wine. A creamy seafood soup, followed by fried chicken, steamed veggies, and mashed potatoes. The Mashed potatoes tasted artificial, and the veggies tasted like canning vinegar. I was not able to to stick around for dessert.

Anyways... Today was a very long day. I had a few classes, met a ton of students, and listened to an retired American diplomat speak about Barak's presidency and future relations between America and China. I also had a few hours of helping students work on papers like these kids below.



Tonight at dinner me and a few others went to eat with some of the profs and I was let in on a Chinese medicine use to cure stomach problem. I have a vial and a box for purchasing more. It's dangerous because I am just itching to provoke my stomach to mess with me so I can test it's powers.

1 remarks:

Yuliya said...

Jon,
I'm so happy you made it to China. You have done way to many amazing things with your life in the past few years ;) Keep on working hard! When you talk of mountains and sunsets, I can only imagine how beautiful it all must be! Have a great time!!!