Wrapping it up

My parents leave tomorrow, and it looks like I will be going back to work on Thursday.  This two week vacation was going to have to end sometime.  


Today we went out for lunch at a muslim noodle shop in a nearby area with a friend and fellow T.A. named Ryan.  We watched them make the noodles by hand - stretching and beating the dough into excellent strands with his fingers.  

We bumbed around the city, shopping - picking up a new set of glasses for Ed and some other essential trinkets = ).  

Dinner was spectacular.  I was able to introduce my parents to the students I spend so much of my break with!  Teddy, Kevin, and Austin have become great friends of mine, and I have spend quite a bit of time with each of their families over winter break.  It was great to have them meet each other and try to treat them with some 'American gifts' (maple syrup).  

Tomorrow mom and dad fly out, but I can safely say that we have accomplished a great deal while they were here. 

0 remarks: