Owwww!

When I returned to campus from break my bike was leaning against my appartment locked up just as I had left it. To my surprise no one had stolen it over break. I carried on with my day and forgot about it. The next morning when I woke up I couldn't find it! Ben and his girl friend said they saw it right where I saw it and couldn't believe it was gone. I looked around a bit and found the bike lock clipped lying in some nearby bushes. Grrr..

But luck would have it that two professors who taught here last semester left their bikes for a friend of mine (Ryan) to lend out. He, trusting Ben (my roomate) and I, offered to let us keep them at our house. After a week, the crank on one of the bikes kept falling off and the other kept losing its chain. Ryan and I were out on a bike ride one day when he playfully hit my back rim with his front rim and caused serious damage to the back rim causing the bike to become a burden. Being a distence away from home we left it, possibly picking it up the next day... but by then it was gone - even in its state.

Today I borrowed Ben's bike, the last of the 2 loaners. He let me know it was low on air, and after a few minutes on it i noticed the crank was wobbly. 'Oh well' I think as I raddle down the road. I take a shortcut on a path which puts me out on the road right in front of school and CRASH my foot is searing with pain. After a few lame peddles I glance down and see the peddle has shattered leaving some plastic fragments and a medal bar sticking out which my heal was just seated on. I hobble to lock the bike up and hike up the building's stairs to my office where I survey the damage. My shoe is sliced and my foot is throbbing with a decent gash in it (it's ok mom and dad).

Not only is the bike gone but not my foot is lame.

1 remarks:

Tracy P. said...

Well good thing your mom and dad are coming so they can check it out. It'll give them a chance to feel needed. But I hope it doesn't slow you down--bummer!