Pictures from the trip


A School which was in ruins after the Earthquake in Sichuan, China. 2,000 students were killed.



A painting on the wall in a Buddhist temple in GuiZhou.


A bridge at the same temple.


The lift that safely took us down Mount Emei after we hiked up.


Candle Jars which lined the temple atop Mount Emei.


Mount Emei temple as seen from below.


Top of Mount Emei.


Looking out across the Cloud Ocean from Mount Emei.


Chinese New Year lunch with Teddy's family. Tons of food and a shark fin dish = /


A friendly dog from the Stone Village in GuiZhou.


An alley in GuiYang


A dinner with Austin's family and their friend - Chou.


Carl and I toasting to the start of our trip.


Famous water curtain waterfall in GuiZhou.


The monkey needed help drinking.


Nice kid feeding the monkey. A nearby zoo had a bunch of caged monkeys and animals. A handful of years ago some of the monkey escaped and 'set up camp' near this road where they were able to beg from tourists for food. Now there is a big population of begging monkeys that plague tourists coming and going from the nearby zoo. Interesting...

3 remarks:

Tracy P. said...

Wow, Jon! This handful of pictures has such overwhelming variety--it must be hard to process it all! Just beautiful.

I am struck by the contrast of the food on the two different tables. ;-)

I hope you get a good deal on a great camera!

Jonathan said...

Thanks Tracy!

I was wondering if people were still following my journey despite my lack of updates.

I received word that my grandmother was frustrated because awhile back I promised pictures but didn't follow through. I hope the slew of photos I put up is appeasing = )

Tracy P. said...

Hi Jon--the deal is that I have you on Google reader so it tells me when you post. I doubt your grandmother has a feed. However, you could post them bigger, seeing it's for her! ;-) Now I'm gonna get smart and check the box to email me follow up comments because I missed this one.